Saturday, February 2, 2008

thing 1: the first blog

This is my first ever attempt at the blogging thing. There is probably no way I would have ever done this on my own, but "thanks" to the "23 Things", here I am. I may warm up to this, but I must admit I am one of the "drag me kicking and screaming into it" kind of folks when it comes to all this computer communication. Yeah, I like email for fast notes to family members, and of course, for staff communication within the library world, but really, for something to do on my own time...blogging would be my last choice. My life is full and busy as it is, and adding this computer thing to use up some of my precious off-time is not very realistic or desirable to my way of thinking.

I understand it is part of this learning process, so I will roll with it, but I'm not going to like it.

3 comments:

CMLE Coach said...

...aah...but think of the experience...I myself don't like all of the tools, but I like knowing about them. There is nothing like speaking from experience!

That said, don't forget to blog about your experiences!

LeAnn said...

You just might surprise yourself and really enjoy some of this stuff. I really love Flickr, so I can put my pictures online and just send a link to people...that might be interesting for you. Or, social bookmarking, you're going to love it! Bookmarks available anywhere in the world because they're on the web? It's so neat!

Just go with it, you might warm up to some of this stuff. If you have any questions, I'm a CMLE coach for this, so just ask!

LeAnn said...

I have some news for you. Since you didn't get all the way through the 23 Things (I know we all get really busy sometimes!) we're offering this program again this summer! You can pick up right where you left off.

So, I hope you'll be able to use a few more of these tools and join us in the summer for this. It's always good to learn about new tools and learn new skills, so join us.

The announcement about dates will be coming out soon!

LeAnn Suchy
CMLE 23 Things Coach